Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lazy, but Productive Saturday

Usually my Saturday mornings are filled with dance line classes and not much of anything else.  However, today I got a chance to wake up with my family and cook breakfast. 

Can you believe this was wedding gift a
year ago and I haven't finish the bottle yet.
I started breakfast by preparing Mary B's Buttermilk Biscuit and it took me 35 minutes to prepare them.  Did y'all hear me? A whole 35 minutes.  Normally, I would use Pillsbury and it only takes 10 maybe 15 minutes, but these biscuit today took 35 minutes.  My poor children...their little tempers were just a flaring.  Especially, my oldest one, because breakfast is his favorite meal of the day.  Here's the picture of the darn biscuits. 
 
Yep, these are it.
I must admit, once I took my first bite into the biscuit, they were the bomb.com.  A little secret to get more flavor it to add just a little butter.  Here are instructions on how to prepare them and keep strolling down for an after picture once I took them out of the oven. 
 
Instructions for my 35 minute biscuits...sorry it took so long...but they were worth every minute
 
- Set your oven to 350 degrees
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in an oven-save glass ware by placing it in the oven.
- Once the butter has melted, take the glass ware out of the oven and take 4 biscuits and rub the biscuits on both sides in the butter.
- If your oven has heated to 350 degrees by this time, go ahead and place the biscuits in the oven for 35 minutes. 
-By the way I purchase these from Wal-Mart. 
 
Well, they started round...but even though they look
weirdly shaped they were delicious. 
So, not only did I get a chance to cook breakfast for my family, but I got laundry done and I cleaned my office space.  Plus, I ended up getting an hour of cardio done and we ended the evening with Tacos for dinner. 
 
You know I love my significant other and I appreciate his opinion, but when I tell you he can sometime ask weirdo questions, that is the truth.  As I was preparing the Tacos for dinner he comes in to ask a question about the Taco shells.  Now, keep in mind I haven't change a thing about how I prepare Tacos and this is not our first time eating Tacos together and this won't be the last.  But he asks me can he see the Taco shells? I'm like yes...He says I was wondering can we stand the Taco's upright so when they bake in the oven they won't shrink.  I'm like what are you talking about.  He was like you know I want them to expand open.  I'm like they do that anyway whether upright or laying on their side.  Ugh! I don't like it when he tries to tell me how to cook all the time.  Sometimes, I appreciate it, but when it is something as simple as Taco's, I really just want to cook and get it over with. 
 
I have no pictures for our Taco's, but as I stated earlier....We'll cook them again in the future...I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...